Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Bittersweet

Jerry just got the okay to tear down an old barn. I hate it when people tear down nice old barns that have good bones! The family that farms the land that the barn sits on want it torn down, and Jerry stumbled across that information by accident and asked if he could do it for the wood. It's all cedar and a really neat barn. I always admired it as a child, and I remember when the old farmhouse that went with the barn burnt. I was about 7 and we could see the fire from my house. The good news about us getting this wood, is that we will be using it for our porch! I'm so excited and can't wait to have our porch started! The added bonus is there is still one lightning rod with a glass ball on the roof of this barn! We are so stoked about that! We are trying to acquire a bunch of those for our home and barns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home