Sunday, August 28, 2005

You want to do what?

That is the response we get when people find out we want to take the 5 replacement windows out and put the originals back in! It never fails, everyone responds with those words.

We thought that was the thing to do, replace the windows. After doing 5, because we could only do a few at a time, I just felt bad about it. They just don't look right with the house. I feel really bad about it. Luckily, we saved the original sashes, so we can put them back in. You can see from my pictures of the exterior in my below post, that the new windows just don't look right. Do I love how they open with ease, don't need a stick to hold them up, and tilt in for cleaning?? You bet, but it's not worth it to me to lose the soul of the house.

4 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Greg said...

I'm glad you saw the error of your ways.

The force is strong in this one.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Steph said...

Thanks Greg, we are glad too.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Jocelyn said...

But oh, what beautiful original windows and exterior trim you have! I totally see your point :)

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Steph said...

Thanks Jocelyn! Your house is great! It's beautiful! Chicago isn't too far from here! It's such a great city!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home